1. Pay the Non-refundable application fee of $75 and $25 GradCAS processing fee.
(Payable by Credit Card with online application.)
The University does not waive application fees.
2. Add an official transcript of all formal studies to date – Upload transcript(s) with online application. Also, mail official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope from the institution to: Howard University School of Divinity
Office of Admissions
2900 Van Ness Street NW
Washington, DC 20008.
3. Upload a Current Resume
4. Develop and upload an Autobiographical Statement: Applicants should provide an Autobiographical Statement (500-750 words) that describes the uniqueness of his/her character, abilities, and other personal information that is motivating his/her desire to pursue the specific degree at the Howard University School of Divinity.
5. Develop and upload a Statement of interest: Applicants should provide a Statement of Interest (500-750 words) that describes your purpose and professional goals for pursuing the specific degree at the Howard University School of Divinity.
6. Submit Three (3) Recommendations: Names and email address of recommenders should be submitted in the online application. Recommenders should complete the online information and attach a letter.
Recommendation from a religious official (e.g., pastor, imam, rabbi, etc.) who can attest to the applicant’s spiritual ethos and commitment to ministry, chaplaincy, faith-based social justice work
Recommendation from a college professor, administrator or other qualified person who can endorse the applicant’s academic readiness to succeed in a graduate program at the School of Divinity
Recommendation from a third individual – i.e., from a religious, educational and/or professional setting – who can underscore the applicant's professional commitment
Applicants are encouraged to follow-up with recommenders to ensure timely submission of recommendations.